- A large powerful dog of a tall black-and-tan breed.More example sentences
- When I'm filming in Los Angeles, I'll rollerblade with my two dogs - a Rottweiler and black Labrador retriever - along the bike path.
- Each year in Canada and the U.S. dozens of children are mauled and killed by dogs, with pit bulls, Rottweilers and German shepherds involved in the majority of fatal attacks.
- The AKC's stats show that the large-dog trend started to gather steam in 1972, as breeds such as Labs, Doberman pinschers, and Rottweilers showed steady increases from year to year.
early 20th century: German, from Rottweil, the name of a town in SW Germany.
More definitions of RottweilerDefinition of Rottweiler in:
- The US English dictionary