- A house of a US federal or state legislature responsible for expediting the passage of bills.More example sentences
- As it went through the Rules Committee, the proposed bill has had its language changed from ‘cause serious harm to self or others’ to ‘engage in dangerous conduct.’
- Dreier is the Chairman of the powerful Rules Committee of the House of Representatives.
- After passage, bills go to the Rules Committee, where committee members determine whether to place the bill on the calendar to be heard before the entire House.
More definitions of Rules CommitteeDefinition of Rules Committee in:
- The US English dictionary