- A large venomous Asian snake which has a yellow-brown body with black markings.
More example sentences
- Daboia (or Vipera) russelli, family Viperidae
- He points out that there are basically four venomous snakes that feature in this - the cobra, the Russell's viper, the saw - scaled viper and the krait.
- Until the Indian government changed its wildlife laws, Irulas made a living by catching the deadly cobra and Russell's vipers in their thousands.
- The current method of producing the treatment is to immunize horses against the venom of the cobra, common krait, saw-scaled viper and Russell's viper.
early 20th century: named after Patrick Russell (1727–1805), Scottish physician and naturalist.
More definitions of Russell's viperDefinition of Russell's viper in:
- The US English dictionary