- Each of a set of brightly painted hollow wooden dolls of varying sizes, designed to fit inside each other.More example sentences
- One gold earring - quite possibly to be worn by a man, the carvings suggest - is a fist-sized, astonishingly intricate, assemblage of dozens of rings and spirals, set inside each other like a Russian doll.
- Scary Movie brings to mind those Russian dolls that fit one inside the other.
- Yet each year the tree adds a new layer of wood under the bark, and the amount of wood needed to coat the whole tree increases, just as, in a set of Russian dolls, each new doll on the outside has to be bigger.
More definitions of Russian dollDefinition of Russian doll in:
- The US English dictionary