- North American term for oleaster.More example sentences
- East of the Cascades this is often in conifers, willows, Russian olives, or junipers, and west of the Cascades in conifers, willows, or ash trees.
- Invasive species now bully out the natives - a few ancient cottonwoods stand clumped together in a thicket of Russian olives; a few willows huddle in a swath of tamarisk.
- Hitch your steed and unpack your bedroll beneath the Russian olive trees and cottonwoods at the foot of Spider Rock, an 800-foot tower that is the spiritual home of the Navajo deity Spider Woman.
More definitions of Russian oliveDefinition of Russian olive in:
- The US English dictionary