- 1The practice of loading a bullet into one chamber of a revolver, spinning the cylinder, and then pulling the trigger while pointing the gun at one’s own head.More example sentences
- Unfortunately, not playing ball on trade agreements is like playing Russian roulette with a bullet in every chamber.
- This is the nautical equivalent of playing Russian roulette with three chambers loaded.
- Doctors will argue it's a game of Russian roulette and the next one may be the bullet, or that some people simply have good genes that will eventually catch up with them.
- 1.1An activity that is potentially very dangerous: we can’t afford to play Russian Roulette with our existing antibioticsMore example sentences
- It is vital that schoolchildren are shown that glue sniffing is not just an innocent pastime, but a game of Russian roulette.
- Pandering to the seniors is something of a political game of Russian roulette: Yes, they vote in high numbers.
- In trying to subdue Afghanistan, the Soviets may well be playing a game of Russian roulette.
More definitions of Russian rouletteDefinition of Russian roulette in:
- The US English dictionary