- A vaccine against poliomyelitis containing attenuated virus and given by mouth.More example sentences
- The oral vaccine - known as the Sabin vaccine - is made from weakened polio viruses.
- The downside arises from this very advantage - since the Sabin vaccine is a live virus it has a small risk of causing polio in those who are immunized directly or indirectly.
- Some manufacturers have been attempting to prepare IPV using Sabin vaccine viruses as the base, instead of laboratory-maintained fully neurovirulent wild-virus stocks.
1950s: named after Albert B. Sabin (1906–93), American virologist.
More definitions of Sabin vaccineDefinition of Sabin vaccine in:
- The US English dictionary