noun (plural Sachertorten /-ˌtɔːt(ə)n, -ˌtɔrtn/)
- A chocolate gateau with apricot jam filling and chocolate icing.More example sentences
- Most of the other desserts were chocolaty things - chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, Sachertorte.
- Vienna - the city of dreams, waltzes, Sachertorte, gemuetlichkeit, and romance - is centre stage this week as Teatro La Quindicina unveils its first production of 2004, The Vile Governess and Other Psychodramas.
- The menu for the evening was incredible: champagne, caviar, smoked salmon, pate, Wiener schnitzel and of course, Sachertorte.
German, from the name of Franz Sacher, the pastry chef who created it, + Torte 'tart, pastry'.
More definitions of SachertorteDefinition of Sachertorte in:
- The US English dictionary