- An animal of a breed of cattle which originated in Pakistan but is now used in other tropical regions. Sahiwals have small horns and a hump on the back of the neck.More example sentences
- The Sahiwal is a Zebu breed that has been selected for milk production rather than for beef production.
- However, recent studies have involved other Bos indices sire breeds such as the Boran, Nellore, and Sahiwal.
- As Bos indicus may also have been introduced in Iberia, data on six breeds from this lineage were also included (Butana, Kenana, Tharparker, Sahiwal, Gobra, Maure).
early 20th century: from the name of a town in the central Punjab, Pakistan.
More definitions of SahiwalDefinition of Sahiwal in:
- The US English dictionary