Definition of Salesian in English:
Relating to a Roman Catholic educational religious order founded near Turin in 1859 and named after St Francis de Sales.
- Generous donations will be welcome for St. Luke's Salesian missions in Lesotho, South Africa.
- The annual Salesian Pilgrimage to Our Lady's Shrine at Knock is on this Saturday, May 18.
- She lived in a compound in the outback with Salesian nuns, about three hours drive from Nairobi, and survived on a diet of fruit and vegetables.
nounBack to top
A member of the Salesian order.
- He had thought about four or five different orders before entering the Salesians.
- He collects new stories of the work being carried out by the Salesians in the countries he visits and has articles regularly published in the Salesian Bulletin.
- Fr Michael Smith, provincial of the Salesians of Don Bosco missionaries in Ireland, said Fr Declan had a heart of gold.
Words that rhyme with SalesianBelizean, Cartesian, Indonesian, Milesian, Silesian
Definition of Salesian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan