Definition of Samburu in English:
noun (plural same)
1A member of a mainly pastoral people of northern Kenya.
- I doubt if you get the kind of laughter in the slums of Johannesburg or Nairobi that you still experience among the Samburu in Northern Kenya.
- Seneiya is a proud Samburu by birth but her broad-based education has given her a different perspective to her tribal contemporaries.
- For instance, the battle dance of the Samburu contains fierce jumping motions, which simulate actions of a raid.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Samburu or their language.
- The main lodge stretched above a sandy river bank, shaded by trees where one could look across the river and see Samburu tribesmen and their herds.
- During the twentieth century, Samburu women started to adopt beaded necklaces, among them the flat necklaces of the Maasai, and gradually stopped making the mporro.
- Up to 200 members of the Masai and Samburu communities are seeking compensation for the deaths of as many as 50 people killed by unexploded munitions.
a local name.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia