- The Lapps of northern Scandinavia.More example sentences
- The Sami of northern Scandinavia used the inner bark of Scots pines for food.
- The Sami in northern Norway say that time is always coming rather than going.
- In northern Scandinavia, many rights of the Sami peoples are respected vis-a-vis their traditional pursuits.
Lappish, of unknown origin.
Sami is the term by which the Lapps themselves prefer to be known. Its use is becoming increasingly common, although Lapp is still the main term in general use.
More definitions of SamiDefinition of Sami in:
- The US English dictionary