- 1 (plural same or Sandawes) A member of an indigenous people of Tanzania.More example sentences
- They were called to Tanzania, Africa to work with an unreached people group, the Sandawes.
- 2 [mass noun] The Khoisan language of the Sandawe.More example sentences
- The language of the Sandawe people is very different from their neighbours', as Sandawe is classified as a Khoisan, or click language.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Sandawe or their language.More example sentences
- The herding and tilling of the immigrant peoples, with their metal implements and weapons, upset the Sandawe way of life and sources of food.
More definitions of SandaweDefinition of Sandawe in:
- The US English dictionary