Definition of Sangiovese in English:
1A variety of black wine grape used in making Chianti and other Italian red wines.
- This is a judicious blend of Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
- The secret behind all good Chianti is the quality of its mainstay grape variety, Sangiovese.
- Made with the high-acidity Sangiovese grape, Chianti is one of few wines which will complement rich tomato sauces.
1.1A red wine made from the Sangiovese grape.
- These superior wines, just as in the case of the best Sangiovese of Romagna, have generally been marketed as vino da tavola, indicating that the DOC label in Emilia-Romagna carries few, if any, connotations of quality or character.
- Small, quaint 6 Vino Noceto produces a popular Sangiovese that you can sample in the tasting room.
- In fact, of the leading red varieties, only Pinot Noir, Syrah, Nebbiolo, Sangiovese and, at a push, Tempranillo work better on their tod.
Definition of Sangiovese in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan