- 1A dialect of Ngbandi.More example sentences
- Written material in Sango was first published by Protestants.
- The French colonists adopted Sango, both for communicating with the local population and for speaking among themselves.
- Another African language whose logophoric domain is limited to the predicate tèlè ‘say’ seems to be Sango.
- 1.1A lingua franca developed from Sango and related dialects, one of the national languages of the Central African Republic.More example sentences
- Most Aka speak at least two other languages - either the Bantu or Oubanguian language of their village trading partners, and some Sango, the national language in the Central African Republic.
- The next largest group is based on French, and a much smaller number based on non-European languages, such as Sango spoken in the Central African Republic.
- Sissoko, talking in the national language, Sango, to some of the pygmies, translates that it should take a couple of hours.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to Sango.More example sentences
- On 22 September, the ROK Navy towed the Sango submarine to the port of Tonghae.
- In the lacustrine region of the Bight of Benin, the Fon-Gbe Tofinu group incorporated the Yoruba Sango cult - a cult that was central to political centralization, military strength, and royal power.
- The Sango people were discussing the fines they would exact and interrupted Mann's reproaches with whoops of Kawo! Kawo! in honour of their orisa.
the name in Ngbandi.