- Relating to Saudi Arabia or its ruling dynasty.More example sentences
- Until 1964, Saudi girls were not allowed to go to school.
- According to the movie, these Saudi investors own about 7 percent of the U.S. economy.
- As a new rule, all Saudi visitors to the US are interviewed, fingerprinted and photographed upon arrival.
noun (plural Saudis)Back to top
- A citizen of Saudi Arabia, or a member of its ruling dynasty.More example sentences
- Companies are just not creating enough jobs, despite intense pressure to hire Saudis instead of South Asians and other expatriates.
- They're Iranians and Syrians and Saudis and Egyptians, but the core of them are the dissatisfied people who were disenfranchised.
- Egyptians, Saudis, Syrians, etc. would describe themselves as ‘Arab’.
from the name of Abdul-Aziz ibn Saud (1880–1953), first king of Saudi Arabia.
More definitions of SaudiDefinition of Saudi in:
- The US English dictionary