- An electrostatic depletion layer formed at the junction of a metal and a semiconductor, which causes it to act as an electrical rectifier.More example sentences
- The experimental results conclude that the adjacent MSM interfaces are two Schottky barriers, which serve as two back-to-back diodes.
- The key to the new receiver is an HEB, which suffers from only about one-tenth of the noise of the Schottky barrier receivers previously used to detect terahertz radiation.
- The thickness of 0.55 mm (max.) is the smallest for Schottky barrier diodes performing rectification with a rectified current of 1A.
1940s: named after Walter Schottky (1886–1976), German physicist.
More definitions of Schottky barrierDefinition of Schottky barrier in:
- The US English dictionary