Definition of Scientology in English:
A religious system based on the seeking of self-knowledge and spiritual fulfilment through graded courses of study and training. It was founded by American science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard (1911–86) in 1955.
- Earlier this month, stunning Katie, who was raised a Catholic, admitted she had been studying Scientology.
- All religions require learning and sacrifice, and Scientology is no exception.
- There are so many specific daily results that I get from Dianetics and Scientology.
- Example sentences
- Non-Christians, whether they are Muslim, Jew, Taoist, Buddhist, Scientologist, atheist or whatever, will be even more offended.
- Nevertheless, Scientologists continue to use the e-meter in auditing, although some models are designed for ease of use by a single person, presumably to help with their spiritual development.
- In French lawsuits involving the Scientologists, millions of pages of evidence suddenly were missing, making it difficult for prosecutors to go forward.
Definition of Scientology in:
- US English dictionary