- A traditional Scottish soup made from beef or mutton stock with pearl barley and vegetables.More example sentences
- At dinner, the doctor ate several plates of Scotch broth, with barley and peas in it, and seemed very fond of the dish.
- Traditional Burns suppers are lavish affairs with classic dishes such as Scotch broth, followed by haggis, neeps and tatties and perhaps a cloutie dumpling or Scots trifle.
- For his own lunch Moyes retires to his office, and is served the latter - Scotch broth and chicken curry.
More definitions of Scotch brothDefinition of Scotch broth in:
- The US English dictionary