- 1.1 (as noun a Scrooge) A person who is mean with money: don’t be a Scrooge and drive away without putting some cash in the collecting tins on the wayMore example sentences
- These, of course, are the same Scrooges who did nothing to stop the unemployment benefits of 800,000 workers from expiring during the midst of the holiday season.
- For these instinctive Scrooges, ‘Spending on luxuries appears to cause… something close to physical pain.’
- No, the internet is clever because it has flushed out the retail Scrooges who were determined to rip us off.
More definitions of Scrooge, EbenezerDefinition of Scrooge, Ebenezer in:
- The US English dictionary