Definition of Senufo in English:
1 (plural same) A member of a West African people inhabiting parts of Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Mali, and Burkina.
- In the Baoule village, the women live with their husbands' families; among the Senufo, husbands and wives live separately with men living in rectangular houses and their wives occupying round ones.
- Other significant ethnic groups include the Bete, Senufo, and Malinke.
- Among the collection essays, they give magisterial overviews of the arts and conceptual universe of the Yoruba and Senufo.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Senufo or their language.
- He modified these in his well-known catalogue for his 1964 exhibition of Senufo art at the Museum of Primitive Art in New York City.
- There is a balance of power between Poro and Sandogo, the chief patrons of the arts in Senufo communities.
- In Senufo society, divine creation is commemorated by large, sculpted figural pairs that depict a timeless and ideally balanced archetype of humanity.
Definition of Senufo in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan