Definition of Serbian in English:
1 [mass noun] The Southern Slavic language of the Serbs, almost identical to Croatian but written in the Cyrillic alphabet. See Serbo-Croat.
- Since independence, Croatian and Serbian have been declared separate languages.
- He reportedly speaks Croatian, Serbian, English, and of course, Russian.
- The polyglot Pope, at intervals, addressed the crowd in Romanian, Serbian, Croatian, Czech, and Polish.
2 another term for Serb.
- The other recognized minorities are Slovaks, Croatians, Serbians, Romanians, Slovenians, Germans, Greeks, Ukrainians and Armenians.
- There were Croatians, Serbians, many Romanians and other students.
- In the instability of post-war Europe displaced Serbians made their way to Bradford and West Yorkshire.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Serbia, the Serbs, or their language.
- Finally, it has been acknowledged that this problem must be immediately addressed - either weeks of Serbian pleas have finally gotten through, or press coverage is getting more intense.
- The highway will stretch for 107 km on Serbian territory, starting from Nis, passing by Klisura and through Bela Palanka and reaching the Bulgarian border via Pirot.
- The third and final day, Sunday, will focus on Serbian films, including the masterpiece ‘No Man's Land,’ as well as Algerian films.
Definition of Serbian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan