- (Among Sephardic Jews and in Israel) the Sabbath: strict adherence to Shabbat as a day of prayer [as modifier]: a Shabbat morning sermon Compare with Shabbos.More example sentences
- I am engaged in recruiting Jewish freshman, planning Shabbats and leading some student Shabbat services and planning holidays.
- One of the most uplifting, beautiful Shabbats ensued.
- Slowly, we made the trek of becoming religiously observant - first going to a few Shabbats, then moving along the scale.
from Hebrew šabbāṯ.
More definitions of ShabbatDefinition of Shabbat in:
- The US English dictionary