- (Among Ashkenazic Jews) the Sabbath: we didn’t cook on Shabbos [as exclamation]: Good Shabbos, Mr Schoen Compare with Shabbat.More example sentences
- It has been said, ‘Even more than Israel has kept the Shabbos, the Shabbos has kept Israel.’
- I came with the yeshiva to wish patients a good Shabbos.
- This is, by no means, to suggest that those in positions of power and decision - making should just pray to God, eat strictly kosher food, keep the Shabbos and hope for the best.
Yiddish, from Hebrew šabbāṯ.
More definitions of ShabbosDefinition of Shabbos in:
- The US English dictionary