noun (plural Shar Peis)
- A compact squarely built dog of a breed of Chinese origin, with a characteristic wrinkly skin and short bristly coat of a fawn, cream, black, or red colour.More example sentences
- The sire was a Shar Pei and was not a Pug, as we had been told.
- Many Chinese Shar Peis are dominant or aggressive toward other dogs, especially of the same sex.
- For connoisseurs of uncommon canines, there's no dog more fascinating than the Chinese Shar Pei.
from Chinese shā pí, literally 'sand skin'.
More definitions of Shar PeiDefinition of Shar Pei in:
- The US English dictionary