- A medieval stone figure of a naked female with the legs wide apart and the hands emphasizing the genitals, found in churches in Britain and Ireland.More example sentences
- This temple relief appeared in India during the same year European builders carved Sheela-na-gig on their churches.
- It has been all too easy in the past to see carvings of Sheela-na-gigs and other female exhibitionists as evidence of a pre-Christian religion.
- Another of his books, Images of Lust, was a guide to Sheela-na-gigs in Ireland.
from Irish Sile na gcíoch 'Julia of the breasts'.
More definitions of Sheela-na-gigDefinition of Sheela-na-gig in:
- The US English dictionary