- A sheep of a hardy short-tailed breed native to Shetland and bred especially for its fine wool.More example sentences
- The 500 or so pure-bred native Shetland sheep reared on his organic farm graze on fields that run from the hilltops right down to the sea at Clift Sound, south of Scalloway, Shetland's former capital.
- On the mainland, just west of Lerwick, he breeds Shetland sheep and cattle.
- Closely related to tiny Shetland sheep Ouessant are named after the tiny island near Brittany which is home to their largest flock.
More definitions of Shetland sheepDefinition of Shetland sheep in:
- The US English dictionary