- Relating to or denoting a branch of the Uto-Aztecan language family that includes Comanche and Shoshone.More example sentences
- The Northern Paiutes speak a Shoshonean language, while that spoken by the Owens Valley Paiutes is related to the language of the Mono peoples of California.
- The westernmost of the Pueblo Indian tribes, the independent Hopi Nation is the only Pueblo tribe that speaks a Shoshonean language of the Uto-Aztecan linguistic family.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- The Shoshonean languages.More example sentences
- Other Indian groups of the U.S. who speak Shoshonean are the Paiutes, Goshutes, Shoshones, Bannocks, Comanches, Chemehuevi and some tribes in California.