- 1.1 (as noun a Shylock) A moneylender who charges extremely high rates of interest.More example sentences
- One depicted him as a Shylock or Fagin caricature.
- Jews, who for centuries were caricatured as callous usurers and Shylocks, and in the modern age as greedy capitalists, have disappointed economically when given a state of their own.
- What other guarantee could the politicians of the world give to the Shylocks who are lending money to conduct this dreadful tragedy?
More definitions of ShylockDefinition of Shylock in:
- The US English dictionary