- Relating to or denoting the division of the Sino-Tibetan language family that includes the many forms of Chinese.More example sentences
- Not to do so will only lead to costly inefficiency for all users of Sinitic language materials.
- Among Sinitic languages, there are at least seven or eight major branches that are mutually unintelligible.
- One of the unique features of the Sinitic languages is the quality of sound used to designate differences in meanings between words or syllables.
late 19th century: via late Latin from Greek sinai 'the Chinese', from Arabic ṣīn, denoting the Chinese empire.
More definitions of SiniticDefinition of Sinitic in:
- The US English dictionary