Definition of Siwash in English:
1An American Indian of the northern Pacific coast.
- We buried the old Indian the next day with snow falling heavily, the Siwashes present took turns with the shovels.
- Henderson refused to stand for this, said that he must give the preference over Siwashes to his old Sixty Mile friends, and, it is rumored, said some things about Siwashes that were not nice.
adjectivederogatory Back to top
verbBack to top
(siwash) [no object] North American informal Camp without a tent: no more siwashing under trees for me
More example sentences
- From the beach where we siwashed our boat, the trail to our cabin cut through the spruce, skirted the grasslands meadow, and followed the base of the cliffs southward to the creek.
- After an hour or so she got it in close and then it ran under the raft where the line was siwashed hard against the boom stick.
- The use of siwashing, in lieu of using a block and strap, for the purpose of changing the tree pulling lead, is prohibited.
Words that rhyme with Siwasheyewash
Definition of Siwash in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan