1Son of David, king of ancient Israel circa 970-circa 930 bc. In the Bible Solomon is traditionally associated with the Song of Songs, Ecclesiastes, and Proverbs, while his wisdom is illustrated by the Judgement of Solomon. Discontent with his rule, however, led to the secession of the northern tribes in the reign of his son Rehoboam.
1.1 (as noun usually a Solomon) A very wise person.
More example sentences
- God is saying, every man, every woman is a Solomon.
- More example sentences
- After some further input from the market (in the form of potential investors, advertisers, partners and a few bloggers), it was evident that a Solomonic solution was the best one in this case.
- In Canada our head of state, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, is also the head of the Anglican church, so barring some Solomonic solution the two shall remain symbolically wed.
- Or should we genetically engineer and raise a master race of milquetoast centrists to compose Solomonic opinions of books?
Definition of Solomon in:
- The US English dictionary