Definition of South African in English:
A native or inhabitant of South Africa.
- I wonder how he got on with the South Africans who played for the Rest of the World teams during the recent matches in Australia.
- With the temperature hitting 36 degrees, two South Africans were hospitalised.
- The local MP quotes an estimate that as many as 20,000 South Africans live there.
adjectiveBack to top
1Relating to South Africa.
- And, no matter how things go in Spain, both should be able to play in the two South African events that form part of the 2006 tour season before Christmas.
- The collection includes Mandela's personal diaries, which were written on desk calendars bearing breezy pictures of South African landmarks.
- The government says the new administration panel, appointed by the communications ministry, is more representative of the South African people.
Definition of South African in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan