Definition of South African in English:
A native or inhabitant of South Africa.
- I wonder how he got on with the South Africans who played for the Rest of the World teams during the recent matches in Australia.
- With the temperature hitting 36 degrees, two South Africans were hospitalised.
- The local MP quotes an estimate that as many as 20,000 South Africans live there.
adjectiveBack to top
1Relating to South Africa.
- And, no matter how things go in Spain, both should be able to play in the two South African events that form part of the 2006 tour season before Christmas.
- The collection includes Mandela's personal diaries, which were written on desk calendars bearing breezy pictures of South African landmarks.
- The government says the new administration panel, appointed by the communications ministry, is more representative of the South African people.
Definition of South African in:
- US English dictionary