- The Afrikaans language from the 17th to the 19th centuries, during its development from Dutch.More example sentences
- Meerkat is a South African Dutch word meaning ‘lake cat’ since Meerkats are often found near stretches of water.
adjective• dated or • derogatory Back to top
- Relating to Afrikaans-speaking South Africans.More example sentences
- The Cape Malays, who concentrated in the Cape Town area, were in great demand as cooks in South African Dutch homes in the 17th century.
More definitions of South African DutchDefinition of South African Dutch in:
- The US English dictionary