Definition of South Asia in English:
The southern part of Asia, in particular India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
- Today more than 80 percent are of Turkish or Lebanese origin, although South Asians and Indians from Fiji are also represented.
- However, little is known about the charts' predictive validity in high risk groups such as South Asians, Polynesians, or African Americans.
- Nor has it helped that there just isn't enough data about the specific health problems of South Asians, let alone Indian Americans.
South Asian noun & adjective
- Example sentences
- More than 150 youngsters from Bradford's South Asian community learned key skills to help them get on in the world of work as part of a pioneering project.
- He is like any other South Asian teenager: he has slick back wavy hair, wears the latest in high street fashion and listens to garage and RnB.
- The proceeds go to research into heart disease, which is a major killer among Britain's South Asian community.
Definition of South Asia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan