Definition of South Asia in English:
The southern part of Asia, in particular India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
- Today more than 80 percent are of Turkish or Lebanese origin, although South Asians and Indians from Fiji are also represented.
- However, little is known about the charts' predictive validity in high risk groups such as South Asians, Polynesians, or African Americans.
- Nor has it helped that there just isn't enough data about the specific health problems of South Asians, let alone Indian Americans.
- 1South Asian noun & adjective
- Example sentences
- More than 150 youngsters from Bradford's South Asian community learned key skills to help them get on in the world of work as part of a pioneering project.
- He is like any other South Asian teenager: he has slick back wavy hair, wears the latest in high street fashion and listens to garage and RnB.
- The proceeds go to research into heart disease, which is a major killer among Britain's South Asian community.
Definition of South Asia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.