- A sheep of a breed raised especially for mutton, originally on the South Downs of Hampshire and Sussex.More example sentences
- Her heart lies with these older breeds, especially the Southdown.
- Mrs Beeton considered that Southdowns had a better flavour, and noted that, for these, demand exceeded supply.
- I think the Southdown has rather an endearing appearance owing to its puffy woolly cheeks and teddy bear look.
More definitions of SouthdownDefinition of Southdown in:
- The US English dictionary