- A native or inhabitant of the Spanish-speaking countries of Central and South America.More example sentences
- She was Spanish-American, and had the most exotic beauty she had ever seen.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting the Spanish-speaking countries or peoples of Central and South America.More example sentences
- In 1886 he graduated from West Point, where he later returned as an instructor, and served in the Plains Indians and Spanish-American wars.
- It is suggestive that Anthony is not a common name in England, while Antonio is so in all Spanish or Spanish-American countries.
- The concept of dawn as the end of transitory human life and beginning of the eternal life is traditional in Spanish-American writing.