Entry from US English dictionary
Definition of Squamish in English:
noun (plural same)
1A member of an American Indian people of southwestern British Columbia.
- Under the deal reached with the native band, the Squamish will have part ownership in the project and will share in revenue generated by it.
2The Salishan language of the Squamish.
- Menzies does not give the other 37 putatively similar words in Chinese and Squamish, nor does he cite sources for the Chinese and Squamish words.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Squamish or their language.
- How can anyone justify an opposition to the Mohawk or Squamish nation's right to set and enforce its own rules on membership?
- A number of those creeks are in Squamish territory.
- Ethnic colour came to this week's CNA conference in the form of six Squamish nation aboriginals with a drum and two rattles.
Alteration of the Squamish name.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.