(also St Bernard dog)
- A very large dog of a breed originally kept to rescue travellers by the monks of the Hospice on the Great St Bernard.More example sentences
- The organisers are laying on back-up, checkpoints and sweepers for safety, but Bar Talk can't confirm rumours of St Bernard dogs with barrels of best bitter under their chins patrolling the routes.
- The stories about St Bernard dogs and the barrel of brandy around their necks is untrue though.
- George and Marion Kerby are a zesty, fun-loving couple enjoying a fifth wedding anniversary skiing holiday in Switzerland when they are killed in an avalanche, along with their potential rescuer, a St Bernard dog.
More definitions of St BernardDefinition of St Bernard in:
- The US English dictionary