- A common European mushroom with a creamy-white cap and white gills, growing typically in rings and first appearing around St George’s Day (April 23).
More example sentences
- Tricholoma gambosum, family Tricholomataceae, class Hymenomycetes
- Gastropod and I could not pass up the promise of a risotto of broad beans and St George's mushrooms, so we shared one before our main courses.
- We went for a little foray and found some St George's mushrooms.
- The St George's mushroom, found everywhere from "fairy rings" to grassland, woodland, old cemeteries and roadside verges, was so named because it very occasionally popped up on the saint's day (April 23), although according to one mycologist's bible it was more usually found a week or two later.