- (In the Second World War) a German prison camp, especially for non-commissioned officers and privates.More example sentences
- Having been shot down over Berlin, Roy was captured by the Nazis and sent to the Stalag 6 prisoner of war camp.
- And stamped on the inside cover is the imprint of the Stalag where he spent the latter part of WWII, having been shot down over Germany on a fighter mission.
- He was incarcerated in three different Stalags prior to his escape and repatriation.
German, contraction of Stammlager, from Stamm 'base, main stock' + Lager 'camp'.
More definitions of StalagDefinition of Stalag in:
- The US English dictionary