Definition of Stalinism in English:
The ideology and policies adopted by Stalin, based on centralization, totalitarianism, and the pursuit of communism.
- It had one of the strongest Communist parties in the world, which suffered a political catastrophe as a result of the policies of Stalinism.
- The collapse of communism in 1989 brought to light new evidence of the horrors of Stalinism, and gave totalitarianism a new lease of life.
- Of course the filmmaker, like the workers, has grown up under Stalinism and faces great ideological and intellectual obstacles.
- Example sentences
- As a result she misses some wonderful opportunities to expose the realities and rhetoric of the Stalinist dictatorship.
- In the final volume he gives a moving picture of Trotsky, persecuted by Stalinists and right wing governments alike, until he finally finds asylum in Mexico.
- There have been decades of experience here of police states - both fascist and Stalinist.
Pronunciation: /ˈstɑːlɪnɪst/noun& adjective
Definition of Stalinism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.