- An act regulating stamp duty.More example sentences
- In colonial Boston, juries regularly refused to indict citizens accused of violating the Stamp Act and other unpopular policies.
- Thus the attempt to enforce the Stamp Act proved utterly ineffectual.
- But while the moderate Whigs were alarmed by the specter of social conflict thrown up by the riots, they were reluctant to do anything which might actually assist in the execution of the Stamp Act.
More definitions of Stamp ActDefinition of Stamp Act in:
- The US English dictionary