noun[treated as singular]
- The national flag of the US: the Stars and Stripes was lowered the sun was setting behind the Stars and StripesMore example sentences
- Yesterday bouquets of lilies, pansies and white roses adorned its steps, flanked by a union flag and the Stars and Stripes.
- Pledging allegiance to the Stars and Stripes has nothing to do with it.
- On the wall behind was hung the Union Jack and the Stars and Stripes.
More definitions of Stars and StripesDefinition of Stars and Stripes in:
- The US English dictionary