- A violin or other stringed instrument made by Antonio Stradivari or his followers.More example sentences
- Initially the only thing Burk noticed about this man was his violin: a genuine Stradivarius.
- Jennifer also hit the headlines after it was revealed she played Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto on a Stradivarius in the final of the competition.
- He also shares with us that the violin he plays on this CD is a 1727 Stradivarius that once belonged to Rodolphe Kreutzer.
mid 19th century: Latinized form of Stradivari, Antonio.
More definitions of StradivariusDefinition of Stradivarius in:
- The US English dictionary