- Denoting volcanic activity of the kind typified by Stromboli, with continual mild eruptions in which lava fragments are ejected.More example sentences
- These new vents remained phreatomagmatic until 25 July, when the activity changed for 5 days to Strombolian and effusive.
- Products of mild Strombolian activity instead have a vesicularity in the range ~ 50-70%.
- We prove that Strombolian signals, both tremor and explosions, in the high frequency band, are similar in time domain.
More definitions of StrombolianDefinition of Strombolian in:
- The US English dictionary