- A type of German military aircraft (the Junkers Ju 87) designed for dive-bombing, much used in the Second World War.More example sentences
- As the El Alamein battle began in earnest, enemy aerial activities took an upswing and it was not unusual for the P - 40s to run into formations of Junkers Ju 87 Stukas and Italian Fiats.
- The wretchedness is not the result merely of flight: French farmers overcharge the refugees for water, while German Stukas strafe and bomb this civilian procession.
- Suddenly it hove back into view, coming straight at us, diving madly like a German Stuka on a bombing run.
contraction of German Sturzkampfflugzeug 'dive-bomber'.
More definitions of StukaDefinition of Stuka in:
- The US English dictionary