Definition of Swedish in English:
Relating to Sweden, its people, or their language.
- He moved back to Sweden in 1990 and continues to work with Benny on a series of Swedish language projects.
- A Swedish speaking Finn is entitled to study in their own language to university level.
- The Swedish winger spent the last two seasons on the sidelines, as he was struck down by a series of injuries.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
The Scandinavian language of Sweden, also spoken in parts of Finland. It has over 8 million speakers.
- Most citizens speak Swedish as their first language and English as their second.
- I should point out that from the info on the CD cover the language spoken is Swedish.
- They were even speaking Swedish in my dream even though I can't speak Swedish.
Words that rhyme with SwedishWendish • old-maidish
Definition of Swedish in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan