- A cylindrical cake with a spiral cross section, made from a flat sponge cake spread with a filling such as jam and rolled up.More example sentences
- Roll up the pastry like a Swiss roll, starting from one long side.
- Brush the gaps with beaten egg. Starting with one of these edges, roll up tightly like a Swiss roll.
- The fresh cream pastries include orange and Cointreau pastry, white forest Swiss roll, lemon meringue roulade, tiramisu and coconut mousse cake.
More definitions of Swiss rollDefinition of Swiss roll in:
- The US English dictionary