(also tee shirt)
Definition of T-shirt in English:
A short-sleeved casual top, generally made of cotton, having the shape of a T when spread out flat.
- Stripes are striking out on the style front too, on T-shirts, cotton shirts and shorts too.
- She quickly changed her jeans and exchanged her tee shirt for a bulky sweatshirt.
- He wore white slip-on shoes, brown jeans, a blue T-shirt and a yellow sports jacket.
T-shirted (also tee-shirted) adjective
- Example sentences
- Tee-shirted young men in tight-fitting jeans roamed about with solemn, unsmiling expressions.
- Unlike the '60s of tie-dyed, T-shirted hippies caterwauling folk songs of peace, the year 1964 was closer in spirit to the '50s than the tumult usually associated with the stereotypical '60s.
- Following a T-shirted bouncer through the sold-out crowd of about 450, Mr. Bell hopped onto the stage.
Words that rhyme with T-shirtBlackshirt • redshirt
Definition of T-shirt in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan